Applications for full membership are open. Please follow this link to access the application. For information on social membership, please connect with Sigma Tau Delta on Lion’s Link.
Membership in the Alpha Epsilon Alpha (AEA) chapter of Sigma Tau Delta is open to all TCNJ students interested in literature in English or in the English language. Students may apply online for either full or social membership.
To be eligible for full membership, students must have:
- taken at least 4 college-level courses in English or Writing. Eligible courses include:
- courses offered in English and cross-registered in other departments
- appropriate FSPs, including any taught by English faculty (new!)
- 1 (one) college level course taught elsewhere, e.g., at a community college or as AP English
- earned a TCNJ GPA of 3.45 in these English/Writing courses.
- earned an overall GPA of 3.25.
Full membership costs $80 in national and chapter dues, payable only once. This covers all your national dues — you will be a lifetime member of SigmaTD — as well as the cost of your Induction reception and your honor cord for graduation. Some of your chapter dues will fund food and other programming costs at all of our chapter functions for the year.
Social membership is available to students who don’t yet have the requisite GPA or number of relevant classes but are interested in joining SigmaTD. Although social members cannot apply for national scholarships or awards, they can get involved on the local level at all our events.
Current chapter membership includes:
- English department majors, including English Secondary Teaching majors and Journalism and Professional Writing majors
- Double majors in English Liberal Arts and any of the School of Education majors
- IMM majors
- Students with a minor housed in English – English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or Professional Writing
- Students with a minor shared between English and World Languages – Comparative Literature or Linguistics
- Anyone interested in English literature, language, or writing who has taken 4 college level English classes. No one has to be an English major or minor!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.